Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Presentation Skills - What to Do After Identifying a Story?




When you come across a story in a book, or when you have a personal incident you think will make a good story, ask yourself the following questions:

* Is it clean?
* Can I use it in a professional presentation to make a point?
* What point does it illustrate?
* What other points does it illustrate?
* How many categories should I file it in so I can find it when I need it
* What should I say to lead into the story?
* What should I say following the story?
* Where should I put it in my presentation?
* Is it better than something I am already using?

Just thinking about the answers to the above questions will make your storytelling better. Many presenters just slap any old story into their presentation, any old place, because they like the story. That is not the way to do it.


Make the best presentations you can.

No comments: