Pages

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Public Speaking Tip: Hydration

I spent the bulk of my career (over 2000 paid presentations) speaking 30 minutes or less. When I started doing half days and full days for my Internet marketing seminars my voice really started to take a beating. I tried all the breathing-from-the-diaphragm stuff and never really got the hang of it. Then someone told me to drink lots of water the day BEFORE my presentation.

IT WORKED! I can't say that I'm free of voice problems when I speak all day or for multiple days. But I'm WAY better than I was just from drinking lots of water the day before. I start the morning before presentation and drink water all that day and as much as I can during the day of the presentation.

One way to tell that you are well hydrated is that your urine is very light colored. I also stay away from carbonated beverages the day before and the day of a speech.

= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = +

DEAR READERS: I'm always looking for quick tips for this section. I also want articles that fit into each of the other sections of this blog. Articles MUST be slanted toward speakers/public orprofessional speaking and must fall into one of the subject categories. NO GENERIC ARTICLES! Articles MUST be 500 words orless. Two part articles are welcome. Submit in the body of an email to mailto:orders@antion.com

No comments: