Pages

Friday, September 05, 2008

Public Speaking : Using Google Adwords

One of the smartest search engines you could ever use is the payper click portion of Google. This program has made me and saved me a fortune, but there are some tricks of the trade you need to know about.

Saving time and money

So how could a search engine save me time and money? Using Google Adwords, I can test concepts in less than a couple hours to see if there is interest in the marketplace for my product idea. Once you learn how to use their system you can be driving traffic to your website in less than an hour (sometimes when they are busy it could be a couple hours.) If I find no interest, then I don't develop the product.

Get cheaper clicks than your ignorant competition

Google has brilliantly set up their pay per click system so that if you write a better ad and more people click on it, you get cheaper clicks.

Let's say I write an ad and one person out of one hundred clicks on it. That's a one percent click through ratio (CTR).

Let's say you write an ad and two people out of one hundred click on it. That's a two percent CTR.

You only pay half the price that I pay for the click, or looking at it a different way, for the same amount of money you get twice the number of visitors.

Google is rewarding you for writing a better ad that gets people to click.

Google Adwords is one of my main Internet tools to test ideas and to get extremely targeted people, fast. And it will work for both product sales and speaking engagements. There are lots of details to using the program. For a good starter manual on how to use this powerful program, I recommend Perry Marshall's ebook. Check it out at: http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/aftrack.asp?afid=133415

No comments: