Pages

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Public Speaking Tip: Avoid the Internet

I can just here most of you out there that know me. "What do you mean avoid the Internet? Tom, you're just about married to the Internet. Who are you trying to kid?"

No, I'm dead serious. Make every possible effort to avoid presentations where you rely on an Internet connection to make your points. Here's what I do so that I never look like a fool because my connection is no good: (I can find plenty of other ways to look like a fool on stage WITHOUT the help of the Internet.) hahahahaha

There aren't that many presentations I can think of that absolutely require a real time live Internet connection. I use a video screen capture program like Camtasia or Lotus Screen Cam and record all the Internet webpages I want to visit IN ADVANCE. I also record narration or commentary about the webpages I'm recording. I burn the screen recordings on a CD and take it with me. No phone lines, no outrageous hotel expenses and virtually no chance of failure unless the laptop quits. Even if it did, I could borrow one from someone quickly and be right back on track. PLUS ... put a bunch of these videos together and you've got a product like my Electronic marketing CD http://www.antion.com/buttcamp.htm

No comments: