1) Be down to Earth. Nobody like the aloof talking head.
2) Phone as many as the attendees as you can before the program and ask their opinions.
Use the information to make them the stars.
3) Mingle with attendees before the program and make small talk. The personal
connection goes a long way.
4) Thoroughly research the problems of the group and bring immediately usable solutions.
They can't help but like you when you help them out.
5) Stay as long as you can after the program. If you can arrange it, don't run out the door and leave them cold. If you have to leave, offer email follow up for any unanswered questions.
Get more great public speaking tips!