Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Public Speaking : Stick em Up!

I use all types of stickers and labels to help market my business and to save money. You can use labels for all sorts of things. I use them in the following ways:

=> To turn generic pocket folders into marketing pieces by putting brightly colored testimonial stickers on the outside. I pick the testimonials that are appropriate for the client.

=> To make my packages and mailers really stand out in the mail room, or on the desk of my client.

=> To promote my website. Just about everything leaving my office has a bright red website sticker on it.

=> To promote me. Most client packages have a sticker that promotes my catch phrase, "Tom Antion, a Rare Mix of Business and Entertainment"

=> To save money. My main mailing label is printed in two colors and has my photo on it. It is sized so that it perfectly fits on a business envelope. This gets me out of buying custom printed envelopes. I use the same label for all my book shipments and just about everything that goes out of my office.

I use the computer program "Avery Label Pro" (about 50 dollars) for everything except my photo label. It allows me to make all kinds of customized labels in minutes. I even used it to make aone-of-a-kind label for a specialized audio demo tape requested by a bureau.

No comments: