Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Public Speaking : Equipment Photographs

Before you go off to another country for a public speaking presentation, do this: Get a camera, be it digital, Polaroid, or disposable, and take pictures of all the equipment you may need to use for your event. I’m talking about the microphone, the overhead, flipcharts, pens, pencils, overheads, whiteboards, the kitchen sink, the stove, Aunt Ida’s mixer, the works! Trust me, these will come in handy when you are in Morocco where they only speak French and Arabic, and you’re down the equipment you need to carry on with your public speaking event. This has happened to me before and I must say, I really missed my photos at that point. Granted, I went on without missing a step, because I’m always prepared for my public speaking events, but it would have been nice to have the tools I needed.

No comments: