Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How Does He Get So Many Speaking Gigs?

Are you still looking for ways to grow as a professional speaker? 
I have a tip for you:

SELL YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

This is my overriding principle that came from years of hard knocks trying to get people to hire me to speak. I get more speaking engagements than I ever had before.
I made a change that had a positive effect on my career.
I quit trying to sell the hard knocks and began selling my knowledge.

Once people start recognizing you in your industry booking speaking engagements will be a lot easier. 

I sold my knowledge with informational products in many different formats. 

There are many people out there that have the dream of earning money while they sleep but many never make it out the dream stage. I don't want you stuck in your speaking career so this blog post will help you move forward. 

Here are 5 Tips to help you create info products that can leverage your speaking career:

Valuable Content
Everything is a C.S.I (Crappy Stupid Idea) until you make money from it. Your content does not have to reinvent the wheel but it does have to be something somebody needs and would buy. 

Target Market
Decide who needs your knowledge and how to reach them. Your knowledge should clearly define who you are helping and how. 

Keep your Costs Low
This is why Internet marketing is great. You can start on a shoestring budget and allow your idea, knowledge and brand to grow with you. 
You don't have to rent a building, take a risky business loan, or save for a lifetime to just get started. 

Find Other Industry Professionals 
Build relationships with other brands in your industry. There are many opportunities for joint ventures and affiliate products online. You can create a webinar to sell to another brands email list. This is how you get your name in front of more people and create a buzz. 

I know the above tips will help you grow as a professional speaker because it forces you to think, of ways to to sell your knowledge.
I use to make $75.00 per speech, barely making  a living. But when I changed my mindset and started selling my knowledge I started making $17,500.00 per speech. Now I only accept the best a speaking gigs.
Now the ball is in your court go out and book those gigs! 

Check out the, Wake 'em Up Video Professional Speaking System and discover how to knock the socks off your audience.

No comments: