Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Public Speaking: Airline Food For Thought






OK, you choke on the food, or if you fly Southwest a lot like I do, you dont even get any food. Why not give your seatmates some food for their minds?

I carry three of my books along for each leg of my journey. Whoever sits next to me, or anywhere near me that looks like a business person gets a copy. Before long Im doing a book signing in the aisle and people are asking me for my card. One time on Southwest I got hired for an Arizona Association meeting before we landed. Another time, again on Southwest (believe it or not) I sat next to Wynona Judd and she asked me for information on my speaker coaching services. On a first class upgrade on United I sat next to a guy who is President and CEO of a 150 million dollar company. By the time we landed I was invited to his home and he offered to personally introduce me to the VP of all seven of his divisions. (Update: We just had dinner together in Los Angeles last week and we are supposed to get together again in April).

Dont have a book? Make a cassette tape to give out and follow up later. Its your choice. Complain about the food, or feed your information to your fellow passengers.

Find out other clever ways to get speaking business!

No comments: