Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Public Speaking: Tie One On

I got this tip many years ago from speaker Paul Radde. After shooting one of my first major videos, I noticed that my tie was crooked for most of the video. It looked bad in person, but it looked TERRIBLE on video.

Here is the tip: After you have put on your tie, run the skinny part of the tie through the loop in the back of the main part of the tie. Take a tie clip, or you could use a large paper clip or safety pin and clip the skinny part of the tie to your shirt. Put the tie clip or pin on the skinny part of your tie below the loop. This holds the main part of your tie perfectly in the center for even the most animated presenter and hides the clip. Thanks Paul. This tip has made my tie look good for the last seven years . . . Can you come up with a tip that will help my face look better? hahahahaha

Speakers: Learn To Make $5500 or More At Every Speech!

No comments: