Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Public Speaking: Last Minute Practice

If you happen to be staying in a hotel in a room next to mine,
it is very likely you would hear parts of my upcoming speech
bellowing through the walls.

Even after the enormous number of presentations I've done I still
practice my stories and various bits of material the night before
my event. I heard Zig Ziglar saying that he does the same thing.

Unless you are speaking every day, it is almost impossible to
stay razor sharp with your delivery. Being a keynote / large
event speaker, I may go 90 - 120 days between times when I tell
certain stories on stage. The last thing I want to do is flub up
a line or bumble through a piece of material because I hadn't
thought about it for a couple months.

Don't get cockey! Practice your material several times right
before you do your speech and you'll have a much greater chance
that each word will come out perfectly.

Get 30 Days Of Public Speaking Training For Only $5.00!

No comments: