Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Public Speaking: Make 'Em Wonder

I suppose most of my readers know by now that I push the limits most of the time to make sure my audience stays awake. It should be no surprise to you then that I will attack another common old style snoozer technique (and I know I will get letters from educational theory folks, but that is OK) . . . that is, telling the participants what you are going to cover during your presentation. I say let em figure it out as you go.

If they think they know where you are going, then it is easy for them to "zone out"since they "think" they know what you are going to say. The wayI do it is to make them wonder, "What in the heck is he going todo next?," which forces them to stay alert to find out.

Get a Full 30 Days of Public Speaking Training for Only $5.00!

No comments: