Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Public Speaking : KICK START YOUR MEDIA MARKETING: 16 WAYS TO GET SPEAKING CLIENTS

KICK START YOUR MEDIA MARKETING: 16 WAYS TO GET SPEAKING CLIENTS TO CALL YOU PART II

Last issue I gave you 8 things I do to get speaking clients calling me. Here are 8 more things I do to get publicity because I'm a ham and also because I can't stand cold calling.

9. Get on TV Shows. You must think in terms of visual demonstrations when you do TV. Do whatever you possibly can to get a tape of your interview or segment. Have two or three reliable people tape it, or buy a tape of your appearance. You can usually get permission to use the footage in your video demo materials. Also get some training. It's different on TV because you have added the visual aspect. You must know how to sit, use makeup, and choose the proper clothing. etc. (The "Wake 'em Up Video Professional Speaking System" has a section on this.)

10. Plaster website and contact information ON your products Sometimes the client will buy your product to get a sample of you before he/she considers hiring you.

11. Advertise other products IN your products. You can put ads in the back of your self-published book or negotiate with the publisher for a few pages of ads for your other products and services. You can also mention your products and services in the content of the product. Don't go overboard with this.

12. Advertise in your contracts. After you are hired to speak you can keep reminding the client that "additional educational materials" like custom workbooks, video tapes, and audiotapes, etc. are available. Sometimes they will call back and have the additional budget for product.

13. Set the stage for referrals. First, be great on the platform. Second, ask for referrals after you have done a great job and third offer a commission for referrals.

14. Solicit New Product Reviews. Many publications in your target market have space to mention new products that may be of interest to their readers. Of course, since you are the author of the product, you are considered the expert on the topic.

15. Add Value. I give 30 Days Free follow up consultation with all my speaking engagements which keeps me top of mind with the client for a longer period of time plus they must call me to get the consultation which gives me a deeper penetration into the organization.

16. Giveaway Products. I make review copies of books and tapes available to all types of media outlets and I even give them awayto seat mates on airplanes. I was hired once before we landed . .. Of course, I did have a captive audience hah aha

No comments: