KICK START YOUR MEDIA MARKETING: 16 WAYS TO GET SPEAKING CLIENTS TO CALL YOU PART I
Media is more than the standard radio, TV and print. Here are 8 of the 16 things I do to get publicity and because I'm a ham and also because I can't stand cold calling.
1. Create a Great Website. You can get hired directly from the website and on many occasions with no press kit and no video
2. Trade links with other websites and both you and the other website owner will win. (Don't be swayed against this technique by the people that want to guard their website with a shotgun.)
3. Start an Electronic Newsletter or two aimed at your target market(s). The one you're reading right now is up to about 135,000 subscribers and is making me lots of money.
4. Trade classified ads with other electronic newsletter owners to get more subscribers to sign up for your newsletter.
5. Write articles and/or become a columnist. You're the expert when someone reads an article in a respected publication written by you. You don't have to try to win the lottery by getting in Newsweek. You can get more business by submitting to trade publications and websites related to your expertise.
6. Get articles written about you in magazines and newspapers. You can brag about them and reprint them forever. To stimulate interest, send press releases, post cards, email, faxes to your target publications.
7. Get yourself mentioned everywhere you can. Call publications and broadcast stations and put yourself on their expert databases. Write letters to the editor. Always be helpful to journalists and make their jobs easier and they will call you over and over for comments.
8. Do Radio Interviews. They are fairly easy to get and you can do them from home. Get some training so you are great when you are on the air.