Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Public Speaking : Hover Ads

I get so sick of the pseudo experts giving out incorrect information about Internet marketing. I just saw in another speaking ezine a tip from a guy who obviously doesn't know what he's taking about.

He told speakers they should not use pop up boxes and that they were ineffective anyway because of pop up blockers.

This is half baked information which is typical of the pseudo experts. They tell you either wrong information or just enough information to make you dangerous to yourself. Even worse they keep you from maximizing your Internet potential.

My pop up boxes make me a small fortune by using sell down techniques for digital products and finance options for big ticket products. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I can assure you that you are leaving lots of your customer's money in their wallets instead of yours.)

1. When used properly pop up boxes are still very effective and I have not had one complaint about the ones I use because I don't use them in an intrusive fashion.

2. New and inexpensive technology is already here to defeat the pop up blockers.

If you don't believe me . . . turn on all your pop up blockers and try to block my ezine subscription sign up at http://www.antion.com

This pop up box immediately doubled my ezine subscription rate and it's great for all kinds of promotions that will get you a high response, . . . which means dough in your pocket.

It is called a "Hover Ad" and to the pop up blockers it looks just like part of your page, but to the visitor it looks like a pop up box that bounces in and lands on the page.

The company that created it also gives you five other formats for pop up boxes so you can fit just about any look you want.

No comments: