Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2004

I'm on site at my big event

Well I flew all day yesterday and read and really good book that is perfect for speakers and anyone who has to travel. The book is "Guerrilla Travel Tactics" by Jay Conrad Levinson and Theo Brandt-Sarif. The book gives more sneaky and real world usable travel tips than any book I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

Today I'm getting all my materials organized. It's important to get ready as soon as possible when you arrive at a convention because once the event starts, things get crazy and tiring very quickly. I'm not on stage until Sunday morning, but I don't want to be distracted from listening closely to the other speakers, so the more I get done today, the better.

Why do I listen to the other speaker?

Well, obviously I might learn something, but more importantly when you are speaking on the last day of an event you want to make sure you don't repeat anything said by another speaker and it is very good to be able to refer to and piggyback off of what they have to say.

I'm off to Kinkos (which is actually in the hotel) to check my handout material and order forms.

More later . . .

No comments: